Thursday, October 14, 2010

More work done...basement drywalled, window seat finished, cement pad poured

  Bob and I were out of town, but miraculously enough, the work continued.

The finish wood was put on the window seat. It looks great!








The vanity was put in the upstairs bath. Nice and small. The bathroom is so small, I didn't want anything big. This is perfect.

The cement pad was poured. It is L shaped so that the heat pump can go on the side. We will have to put some kind of little brick wall to keep the dirt back.
 The drywall was put up in the basement. We weren't going to drywall the basement, but the building code requires that insulation be covered. We are not going to have it finished [tape and mud] at this time.
 My niece Violet went out with my today. She is standing under the stairway. This will be my pantry.
 Violet is standing in the downstairs bath, right where the toilet will go.
 Here she is in the laundry room with the new drywall up
 The cement patio outside the basement door is so nice. We will love this!
 The finish carpenter was working today. He was putting in the finish steps.
The final wood was put on the top of the window seat and the trim was done. I am not sure if you can see the detail here, but it looks really nice. I am not sure if I should paint it or stain it. The jury is still out on that.

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment