I forgot to take photos so you will have to use your imagination. The first one is
Skinny Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes adapted from the Sparkpeople website:
This is enough for 4 people, 3 points per serving.
- I garlic bulb. Separate the cloves [leave them in their skins] and put in an oven safe dish, drizzle with a tsp of olive oil and place the dish uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes till the garlic is golden brown and soft. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Take 20 oz of raw yellow potatoes, cut into 1/2s or 1/4s and boil on the stove till done.I didn't peel these, but if you used baking potatoes with thick skin you would have to. When done, drain potatoes.
- Heat 1 cup of veggie or chicken stock to boiling.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves to release each clove of garlic. Mash the garlic with a fork and throw away the skins.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher, add the garlic and enough broth to make them the consistency you like. Add salt and pepper and if needed some garlic powder.
I made a new chicken recipe too, and it was easy and good. It was from Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking magazine. Using a 6 oz chicken breast, each serving is 7 points [11 gr fat, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber and 38 g protein.
Enchilada Chicken [4 servings]
4 boneless skinless chicken halves-6 oz each
2 tsp salt free southwest seasoning blend. I used Penzey's Arizona seasoning and 1 cube of chipolte seasoning-like a bullion cube
1 T olive oil [If you upped this to 4, you could count it as your healthy oil]
1/4 C Enchilada sauce [I used green, but perhaps red would be better]
1/2 C shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 T minced fresh cilantro [I used a sprinkle of dry since I didn't have fresh]
Sprinkle chicken with seasoning blend. In an ovenproof skillet, brown chicken in oil. Top with Enchilada sauce, cheese and cilantro. I used a cast iron frying pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-40 minutes [depending on thickness of the meat] until a thermometer reads 165 degrees.
I added some steamed broccoli and cauliflower [frozen] and it was a really tasty dinner for only 10 points.