Monday, February 27, 2012

Oh, my! I lost a whole Kate!

My niece Kate comes over once a week so my husband Bob can give her piano lessons and so she can help me out around the house. She is an awesome pianist and in the past two years has improved dramatically.

Besides listening to her beautiful music, I really enjoy her help. She is very versatile and helps me do everything from dusting, to stickering my Sonlight catalogs and cards, to beveling my homemade soap, to making  soap balls and helping me bake cookies.

She is also an amazing cookie tester! One time she and her sister Evelyn and I made chocolate covered oreos-and then she was more like a chocolate covered Kate. Nice as always, but a bit sweeter.

Well, today we hit a milestone. Kate weighs 55 pounds and I have now lost 55 pounds, so I lost a whole Kate! Here we are together today. I don't know how I could have stood walking up and down stairs and doing all the tasks I do with a whole Kate added onto to my body--but I did it for years!

I am much happier having Kate stand in front of me and helping me than I was having her strapped to my back. [Not really you understand, but it is still something that I could have lost a whole girl and still have my whole self left!]

So, today was a red letter day. I lost a whole Kate and still have the real Kate to enjoy and love and watch grow into a wonderful young woman. I am a very blessed woman.

Take care,
Jill

6 comments:

  1. Jill, congratulations! You are an inspiration to us all. You both look just beautiful.

    ~Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful! How did you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started Weight Watchers on-line [no meetings] in mid July and I just do what they say. I walk for exercise. I was already walking about 3 miles, 3X a week, but now I walk about 6-7 days a week and have picked up the pace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really should exercise..I don't. It's a momentum thing.

      My in-laws did weight watchers way back and said it really did work.

      Delete
  4. It does work and it is not too hard. I like that all fruits and most veggies are free--which means you can eat as much as you like. This really helps me because I love fruit and enjoy salads and veggies too.

    You can start exercising by just walking 5 minutes from home and then coming back. Then just add a bit to that every day, or maybe 3-5 days week. Weight Watchers suggests trying 20 minutes a day and that can include housecleaning and so forth. But, if that seems too much, try for 10 minutes a day and work your way up. It really does help improve you outlook and makes you feel better. I figure I am worth a hour a day, so I make that my priority.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather C.05 March, 2012

    That's wonderful! Congrats! Keep up the good job. You look great!

    ReplyDelete