Saturday, June 25, 2011

Not so secret Family Recipe...Oatmeal Cookies

My mom had two cookies that, in my opinion, she was famous for. [She also had a fabulous Blueberry Muffin recipe that cannot be rivaled--I will post that recipe another day.]

So, for your eating pleasure, here is her oatmeal cookie recipe. I have some in the oven right now and Bob's mouth is watering because he LOVES oatmeal cookies.

OATMEAL COOKIES

2C flour     
1 C  brown sugar       
1t baking powder
1/2t  baking soda  
1t cinnamon
  
3C rolled oats
1C raisins
   
1C oil
     
2 eggs
1/2C milk

Sift together first 5 ingredients, then add oats and raisins. Add the wet ingredients all at once and stir with a wooden spoon to wet all ingredients. Scoop out in Tablespoon fulls.  Bake at 400° for 15 minutes, till golden brown.  [Used greased cookie sheets or parchment paper]


(My mom used to put a walnut half in each before baking and so do I.)




Enjoy,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment