Thursday, June 10, 2010

Windows and Doors

Well, today was a good day at the cabin. There were two teams of two working. The heating/AC team was working in the basement, installing duct work and vents.

The other team was working on the window seat, after having installed the windows and all but one door. You can see Bob stepping out of the upstairs door--that would be a huge fall. Not good!


The octagon window was installed in the peak of the great room wall. I love how it looks. You can see it from the outside in the top photo. There will be a covered porch on that side of the house, so the roof of the porch will be right under this window.




The guys were building the window seat today. This was from the inside. Can you see me up there with some iced tea and a book? Or maybe hot tea and a book? Can you see a theme here? I bought a quilt at Kohl's yesterday that I am going to cut up to make a window seat cushion. Look at that view!




Here they are working on the bay window/window seat from the outside. Isn't the roof cute?













Here is a shot from down the hill. I can't wait for it to be done. I see many happy hours in this cottage.

Take care,
Jill

2 comments:

  1. Wow -- Love the view from the window seat and the kitchen window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent .. Amazing .. I’ll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also…I’m happy to find so many useful info here in the post, we need work out more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing.
    discount-windows.com

    ReplyDelete