Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Little House on a Big Hill...

We went out to meet with our builder, Milton, today and this is what our cottage looks like right now. A little house on a big hill. I feel like I should be writing children's books or something and maybe when I am sitting looking out those wonderful windows, I will! Maybe something that includes the adventures of Scrappy the Wonderdog or the sad tale of a dear who ate all the fruit off the peach trees.

At any rate, it is coming along. The carpenters/framers were working like crazy today. Everyone with a job to do and I couldn't help but admire the way they went up and down the ladders without tripping. I would never make it as a framer--never. I would probably fall to my death while tripping over floor braces. [Ask me how I know about tripping over floor braces.]

When I was in high school I actually helped do some limited framing and worked along side my dad doing various construction projects. I love the smell of the wood and sawdust. I love the fresh wind blowing through the house and the sound of the air hammers as they make lumber into a home.

Little House on the Big Hill...It has a good ring to it, don't you think?

Take care,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment